Australian Government supports the 2018 Australian HR Awards, 7 September 2018
The Australian HR Awards bring together industry leaders to celebrate excellence in the HR profession, recognising individuals, teams and companies for their outstanding achievements in people management.
The Australian Government, through the Department of Social Services via JobAccess, supported the Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program Award. JobAccess is the national hub for workplace and employment information for people with disability, employers and service providers. The service makes it easier for people with disability to find a job and helps employers to better support people with disability.
Over 850 of the top HR professionals across Australia filled The Star in Sydney on 7 September 2018 to celebrate with the winners. There were over 160 finalists from more than 100 companies. A total of 20 awards were announced at the event, recognising the outstanding achievements of teams and individuals over the past 12 months.
Paul McBride, Group Manager, Disability, Employment and Carers at the Department of Social Services, presented the Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program Award to Unilever ANZ. The award recognises excellence and innovation in diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
Supporting the award provided the opportunity to:
- Draw public attention to the employment of people with disability;
- Raise awareness and usage of the JobAccess Service as a key support for disability employment;
- Recognise employers of choice and business leaders who are creating diverse workplaces through innovative strategies, systems, and practices that focus on the inclusion of people with disability;
- Promote employer disability inclusive recruitment practices as a way to build employer awareness and education with the broader business community; and
- Celebrate and recognise achievements in disability employment.
List of Award winners.