Please read this information – or have someone read it to you – before providing your RSVP.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
The Australian Government Department of Social Services (DSS) collects personal information to explain and promote government policies, programs, services, events and activities.
We are seeking your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of promoting DSS programs and/or policy.
What personal information will be collected?
We are seeking your consent to collect, use and disclose:
- your photo, and/or
- a digital recording, audio recording or video recording of you, and/or
- information to describe your image, such as your gender, age, hair or clothing worn, and/or
- information about your experience with a government program or service, and/or
- other personal information such as your name and where you live.
How will your personal information be used?
If you consent, we may use your personal information (including, if you consent, your name and where you are from) in any of the following:
- printed publications such as brochures, booklets, fact sheets
- display banners and posters
- television, radio and newspaper advertisements and other media
- internet pages (including our website(s) www.dss.gov.au and/or www.idpwd.com.au and/or DSS managed social media websites).
We may also share your personal information with other Australian Government departments, contractors working on our behalf and/or media outlets.
How will your personal information be protected?
We take our privacy obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) very seriously. We will collect, use, record, disclose and store your information in accordance with the law.
Who will own copyright?
Generally the Australian Government will own copyright in any photos, digital recordings, videos and other material produced with your information. If you receive a copy of your photo, digital recording, video or other material you won’t be able to publish it without permission from the Australian Government.
Access and correction of personal information
Acknowledgement and Consent
By providing your RSVP to the 2016 National Disability Awards you agree to the following:
- Acknowledge that I have read (or have had read to me) the information outlined above and understand it
- Give consent for my personal information to be used by DSS in publications, products, video productions, audio productions and public relations activities for the purpose set out above
- Give consent for my personal information to be disclosed to other Australian Government departments and agencies in their publications and public relations activities for the purpose set out above
- Give consent for Australian Government staff and contracted suppliers of photographic, audio, film and video services to collect, disclose or use descriptive information about me to identify me in photographs, audio recordings, video recordings and other materials for the purpose set out above
- Give consent for Australian Government staff and contracted suppliers to use my name, where I am from and organisation name (if applicable) in the above publication or public relations activities for the purpose set out above
- Acknowledge that if I receive a copy of any photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, video recordings or other materials which relate to me, I won’t be able to publish them without the permission of the Australian Government
- Acknowledge that I can withdraw this consent at any time.