Conditions of entry
- The Lesley Hall Award Leadership Award is only open to individual nominees with disability.
Nominees need to demonstrate they have taken significant steps to improve the lives of Australians with disability. All other Award categories are open to all Australians, including people with disability, people without disability; volunteers; teams; committees; partnerships; alliances; co-operatives; and public, private and non-government organisations.
- All individual nominees must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- All organisations must be operating in Australia for Australians with disability.
- Nominations for a best practice initiative or project must include details of an individual/s or organisation to be acknowledged as an Award finalist.
- Employees of the Department of Social Services (DSS) and their immediate family, and members of the judging panel, are not eligible.
- A nominee’s agreement must be provided for them to be nominated and they must be advised that their information may be used for publicity and promotional purposes, DSS will contact finalists to seek their approval prior to the release of any information.
- Nominations must address each field in the nomination statement. Nominations that are not completed in full against each field cannot be considered.
- The assessment Award criteria will be used to assess applications.
- Nominations may be submitted online, via email or by post
- The nominee (or their guardian/representative if applicable), or, if the nominee is under 18 years of age, the nominee’s parent or guardian, provides DSS with permission to publish details of the nomination for the purpose of promoting the Awards (including biographies and photographs), published on the IDPwD website, DSS Website, and/or DSS social media websites, and other promotional materials and media releases.
The Consent terms – adults or Consent terms – children form must be read and signed, and submitted to DSS (either online via the IDPwD website as part of the online nomination, emailed, or submitted by post) by 11:59pm AEST Sunday 6 August 2017. Nominations will not be considered if a Consent terms form has not been submitted.
Privacy and Confidentiality
- The information provided on the nomination form is collected by DSS and may be made available to the judging panel and other contracted service providers for the purposes of the Awards.
- The nominee (or their guardian/representative if applicable), or, if the nominee is under 18 years of age, the nominee’s parent or guardian, will be requested to give DSS permission to publish details of the nomination for the purpose of promoting the Awards, including biographies and photographs, published on the IDPwD website, DSS website, and/or DSS social media websites and other promotional materials and media releases.
- Any photographic film, either still or motion, will remain the property of DSS who shall have free and full rights to the use of the name, photograph or film, or recommendation of any nominee in perpetuity.